We will pay for direct “physical loss” to…….the dwelling on the “residence premises” including structures attached to the dwelling.

“Residence premises” means…..the dwelling where you reside…..and which is shown as the “residence premises” in the Declarations.  

That’s how my Homeowners policy reads.

What does that mean?   What does that mean if the owner of a home has moved out and no longer lives in a dwelling that is still covered by a homeowners policy?

Legally, it could mean that the insurance company does not have to pay for losses to that former home that is now either vacant or rented to someone else.

If a dwelling is no longer your home you should consult your insurance agent right away so that the proper adjustments to your coverage can be made to avoid a total lapse in coverage.


Skip Shepherd, Vice President


Posted in: annapolis insurance agency, henry murray insurance annapolis, homeowners insurance annapolis, personal insurance

Sign up for the Newsletter

* = required field