Tips on preparing for winter
- Clean out the Gutters
- Have your furnace serviced
- Check door and window frames for air leaks
- Trim trees
- Have your chimney cleaned
- Put hose away
- Change your air filters
- Roof should be checked for leaks, holes, missing shingles
- Clean water heater by simply draining it
- Check garage for unused gas in equipment, remove and store properly
- Seal cracks & holes on the outside of home to prevent rodents from getting inside
- Check outdoor hardware supply of shovels, sidewalk salt and other winter cleanup items.
- Check all vents and chimneys are clear of leaves, vines, pine cones, debris of any kind, etc.
- Install or check all smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors
- Outfit your car for the winter weather by changing the oil, checking the battery, top off washer fluid, check condition of windshield wipers, check defroster and heater, check tires, de-icer, stock an emergency kit
Stay warm and safe. Winter is not over yet.
Posted in: henry murray insurance annapolis, homeowners insurance annapolis, personal insurance